Saturday, January 30, 2010

Small Cactus

I didn't' know that cactus could be purple, but here it is.
I didn't change the color of this one or the ones below.

This is the top of a large ball cactus that had fallen over and looked to me to be dying.

Just grab on and hold tight.



This one turned out very purple probably because it was nearly dark. I was down in a little valley off of the road when the sunlight disappeared. I was worried about stepping on a little cactus walking out because I couldn't see the ground. With how much I like to take night pictures, I realize now that I need to add a flashlight to my camera bag.


1 comment:

  1. The purple one at the top is purple prickly pear. The thinner ones near the bottom are called jumping cactus. That's because they have microscopic hooks on the end of their needles and when you walk by they can easily grab onto you, and they're very hard to get out. I had to throw away some brand new socks because of one of those cacti! You're brave to walk through the desert at night!

    ReplyDelete