Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Charleston Place Hotel Bar

I am in Charleston, South Carolina. We are staying at the Charleston Place Hotel.
This is the bar that is off to the side of the entrance.
I tried to take this picture last night, but it seems when ever I try to take a picture with people in it something always happens. I got set up the tripod outside the bar just as they were closing and some guy and lady came up to me. The guy asked me about my camera and if I was "with this group" taking pictures. I told him that I wasn't. So he left to the elevators, but the lady who was with him, obviously very drunk, demanded that I take a picture of that guy. I didn't want to, so I pointed the camera at her like I was going to take a picture of her. She didn't like that. She started swearing at me because "that guy has people looking for him and you're not going to help me." I wasn't sure what she was talking about, but the guy had already gone upstairs. So she walked over to the front desk and started yelling at the lady behind the counter because "your (add several expletives here) camera guy won't take a picture of that guy. There are people looking for him". The cleaning guy standing close by me was just shaking his head. I thought it was funny as I left her yelling and went back to my room.

1 comment:

  1. that is pretty great! I have always wondered what kind of drunkard I would be, my roommates think i would be a mean drunk but I think I would be crazy and sad! I guess I will never know! I am glad you get to see South Carolina, that sounds so fun!
    love leesa

    ReplyDelete