Saturday, August 15, 2009

Great Salt Lake Sunset

 This is not an HDR even though it looks like it. It is a Camera RAW that I tone mapped. This is fairly close to what it really looked like.




 There were quite a few people taking pictures of this sunset, I thought this Silhouette looked cool. I showed it to her and the old woman she was with, but I don't think they spoke English. She just giggled and the old woman kept saying yes.



This one is an HDR. The Great Salt Lake is really low this year despite all the rain I had to walk at least a quarter mile to get to the water from where the shore usually is. I stumbled a few times coming back in the pitch dark, but is was worth it.






4 comments:

  1. i love all your pics! I put them up as my computer back ground and screensaver.. they are that good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I'm really glad that you like them. I enjoy doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too! The last picture of the GSL is my new background. Thanks Owakulukem!

    ReplyDelete