Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Smoke and Mirrors

It's been one year to the day since I started posting my photos on Blogspot.com
People are always asking what kind of camera I have. This is it! A Canon SD 870IS. It is a great little camera even with all of it's limitations (like the lack of an adjustable aperture) I feel like I am cheating by taking most pictures High Dynamic Range (like this one) so that I can get the color and definition out of the camera that I would like. That being said, I really do like this camera. Especially with the CHDK software loaded onto the SD card. It allows me to bracket with the camera (which is how you make an HDR image by taking several pictures of the same subject with different exposures). I can also save the photos as RAW, change the strength of the flash, change the shutter speed (up to 1/100000 of a second), push the ND filter in and out and a whole lot of other cool things. If you have a Canon point and shoot camera I highly recommend checking out CHDK here http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK One thing that I am completely satisfied with is the tripod that I got purely because it is small enough to fit inside my backpack, but extends over five feet tall. I found a bunch of cool features after I bought it. Manfrotto really did an awesome job on it. I also Photoshop all of my photos quite a bit. For the HDR I use Photomatix as a plug-in inside of Photoshop to get that surrealistic look. Photomatix can also be used as a stand alone program. No matter what anyone else thinks of my pictures (I hope others enjoy them) I thoroughly enjoy the whole process from shooting to final save, and that more than anything is why I do it.




No comments:

Post a Comment