Saturday, September 10, 2011

West Yellowstone

While in a bookstore in West Yellowstone I was flipping through a photography book that gave a lot of directions on how to develop film. I didn't look when it was published but it looked like it was in the sixties. On the back cover of the book there was an image of a bunch of faded colorful Saguaro cactus in front of a yellow ball. Later, I was thinking of this image and tried to recreate it the best I could from memory in Photoshop, using some photos of Saguaros that I had shot while in Tucson. I don't think my image is all that great, it took me about 20 minutes to create. I am not bragging, my point is that I can't imagine how someone would make this with film. I think that creating this image from scratch would be difficult and take a long time, I was impressed.




No comments:

Post a Comment