Sunday, August 28, 2011

Tucson, Arizona

This is one of my favorite. This plant is over six feet tall. The leaves are wider than my fist. I saw that one of the leaves was twisted and tried to shoot it right at the curve.




This photo and the one below with the mountains were shot when it was raining. I put the camera up on the dashboard of the car, turned on the wipers and had a long exposure so that the wipers wouldn't show up in the picture.




I think this flower should be called Fireworks. I have no idea what it is called, but I like it. I guess I should learn the names of flowers - seeing as how I take so many pictures of them.









This was shot in a strip mall. I walked outside a store, saw this sunset and quickly grabbed my only lens with image stabilization, cause I knew I couldn't hold the shot with the long exposure I would need. This was 1/40th of a second.




I messed with the colors. This is some kind of pod hanging off a tree.





2 comments:

  1. I really like that first pic of the leaf. Really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bennett, don't take my comment. I was going to say the same thing!

    ReplyDelete